Family Medicine Clinical Forum Registration Now Open!
We hope you’ll join us at CAFP’s largest meeting of the year ~ the Family Medicine Clinical Forum ~ taking place April 8-9, 2017 in San Francisco and offering more than 28 CME credits! The Forum features 23 sessions, two keynote presentations, five optional workshops, an exhibit hall, “Table Talks,” an all-attendee welcome reception hosted by the CAFP Foundation and much more!
Pre- and Post-Conference Workshops and KSAs
Friday, April 7: One KSA and Two Workshops
1. ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment (formerly SAM) on Maternity Care, led by Tipu Khan, MD. The KSA, 1:00-5:00 pm, will fulfill one of your MOC requirements PLUS give you 8 additional Prescribed CME credits. [$250]
2. UCSF Bixby Center has teamed up with CAFP to offer a 5 hour All Staff training workshop on Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) from 12:00-6:00 pm. It includes didactic lecture, small group discussion and hands-on practice with LARCs for clinicians while other staff attend an intensive communications workshop, 5 AMA PRA Category 1 and Prescribed CME credits. [$250 - $100 so $150 total. UCSF Bixby's involvement allows us to offer the $100 fee reduction that will be returned after registration is completed.]
3. Integrating Palliative Medicine in Primary Care Practice is a day-long session, 10:00 am-4:00 pm (lunch included) that will prepare you to bring palliative care services into your practice. Our faculty includes family medicine and palliative care physicians, practice team members, and chaplaincy. Topics will range from communication, regulations, conversations, physical preparation, the End of Life Options law, spirituality, cultural beliefs and more. The 6 Prescribed credit session flows into your ABFM maintenance of certification process, with ties to a KSA and PI project. [$300]
Sunday, April 9: Two KSAs
1. Mental Health in the Community, led by Lauren Simon, MD, MPH
2. Heart Failure, led by Mark Dressner, MD
Both Drs. Simon and Dressner are regular KSA faculty members and receive high remarks for content, expertise, and fun! These sessions, 1:20-5:20 pm, fulfill one of your MOC requirements PLUS give you 8 additional Prescribed CME credits. [$250]
The Forum takes place at the beautiful SF Hilton Hotel located in Union Square. Reserve your room at the Hilton at the greatly discounted CAFP meeting rate of $229/night. The deadline to reserve a room at the discounted price is March 10, 2017 but space is limited so reserve your room soon!
See you in April!
Chris Flores, MD and Carol Havens, MD
Co-Chairs, CAFP Committee on Continuing Professional Development